Thursday, October 11, 2007

mon coeur

Quick little update..... My little old heart has been pumpin pretty quickly lately. In other words, my pulse has been fairly fast. So I had my nurse at the oncology office check it. it was clickin along at 100. So i made an appt with my primary doc today. He seemed like he was havin a bad day. Usually i find him a little more talkative, but today, not very talkative at all, or at least to me. But he took my pulse and blood pressure a few times and while lying down. though he never told me what it was. And i never asked. But he also had the ekg machine come on in and hooked me up. He said that came back fine. Then gave me a perscription to get an echocardiogram. Since its in the same office, when i went to schedule it at the front desk, and the girl asked when i wanted to make it for, I said, "got anything for today?" It was almost 3 at this point, not like i really thought they would. But they did!! So it was at 4:45. instead of going back to work, because by the time i got there I would just have enough time to check my mail and turn off my computer and come back, i went to Borders grabbed the next book in a vampire romance series that I got hooked on, grabed a seat and sat and read for an hour and a half lol. Thanks to Jackie at the oncs office for gettin me hooked on those. Luckily she owns them all so i can just borrow for her, cause there's like 7 or 8 in the series. So I went back to the office and got my echo. This time (beacuse i had one done before back in Feb/March) this guy was much friendlier. so after a few minutes he said, looks great. He said my heart looks nice and strong and healthy!! yay!! so I guess the rapid pulse may be from the drugs (decadron more maybe) and subconscious anxiety or some conscious too I suppose. Anywho, I got some drug, Toprol. supposed to take two aday, but was told if one seems to do it i can stick to that. So now when I lay down to sleep I won't feel my pulse pump pump pumpin away!

Mom is flying in tonight to visit for a week. Was supposed to be here for my last treatment. But after she booked the flight and i had a visit with the onc, he decided to add two more on to the end (which by the way would've been tomorrow 10/12) So now the end will be nov 9th. Ma's flights gotten delayed due to weather. Saw there was a tornado watch or warning in Nassau county. So that would more explain flight delays. Not that I'm in Nassau but its around the area. got a call though and she has landed. will arrive about 3 hours late lol.

Well there's my update. Hope all is well with everyone else!
san

No comments: