Friday, September 28, 2007

Visitor, shows and treatments



hellllooooooo everybody! It's been a little while since I updated this so here goes!
First of all, a big howdy and thanks and good to finally meet ya face to face, Kelly . She scored some free tix to the Stupid Cancer Comedy Show, a fundraiser for I'm Too Young For This a social network online for young adult cancer survivors. It was a fun show and a couple of them made me just really bust out laughin alot. Felt good!!! Then I scored some free tix to the bway play The Ritz (thanks Scotte!). It was fun. Not the greatest play ever written but fun. Who wouldn't like a bunch of hottie probably all gay men runnin around in tiny towels on stage or just a pair of buttless leather chaps lol. Sorry Kelly it was so hot and humid for those couple of days you stayed. finally sprinkled today and today was nicer and cooler but the sun light was pretty toasty if you were standin in it.

Had treatment today. went fairly quickly about 3-3 1/2 hours. got in at 11 left a little before 2:30. It's gettin crazy at the office. They are renovating for the next few months. Yep it's pretty needed too but know everything is moving downstairs and a new desk in the chemo lab takes up some room so you can't recline recline very well without missing the knees of the person in front of you lol. Gonna be a crazy few months but when it's done there will be like triple the amount of waiting room space and new air ducts so should all be good although by the time they're done I should be done with treatments and only visiting every three months or so.
I tried to fill my zofran script and ran into more problemsn. The insurance people never told us I had to get an actual new script written for the increased amt of pills given in a month, so we assumed i could just refill the one i had, but no. I hd three pills left, was calling the insurance poeple and after a half hour with them they couldn't do anything to get me through the weekend, but they did tell me to call the pharmacy and tell them to go into their computers and change the amount of days the script was for to 4 days so i could get another 4 pills. I called them they said they had to call the insurance people again adn for me to call back in a hour. so I called back and turned out he just tried and got in the system and changed it without calling and the insurance peeps overrided the days so he could. Yay! So i picked those up and am much happier! I'll see the nurse on monday and tell her she needs to write a new one. so then hopefully all should be good!
The idea now is that the doc might add a couple on to the end. I guess I'll find out next week when i go in for the neupogen shots. no more neulasta that crap hurts!!!! I told both the nurses that they should try it sometime so they know what the patients get to go through lol. Jerri and I exchange more laughs and digs at eachother. Fun times.
I finished the Dark Prince a book that the Jackie the receptionist at the office let me read. Fun book. The writter though needs some new descriptive words other than white hot pain or velvet all the time. lol.
So for now I guess thats about all. Busy week, was wiped out today! I'm not an early to bed kind of person and I did take a nap earlier so I'll probably be up til around 1. I can't help it, but then i'll probably sleep till early afternoon :) I like to sleep man! Even before this cancer stuff, I still liked to sleep!!
Oh good news on the granny front her docs said the colon cancer was found early and they'll do 12 radiation treatments and a chemo pill then check things and if all is good do to the surgery and then maybe won't need a bag and can hook up all the internal tubing and fix her up and get her goin so yay!

hope all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Duane said...

Hey Sandy,

Glad to hear that today's treatment went pretty smoothly, although I can totally understand how those insurance issues can be so vexing.

Relax and enjoy the weekend.

Thinking of you.
Duane

Kelly Kane said...

Hey lady!! Thanks again for having me over this week, it was just what I needed to stay busy!!! Sorry you're so pooped though, I was too, I slept ALL day today! :) Hope you have a relaxing weekend of sleeping and watching TV.

Also, I'm really mad that I didn't bring you my Zofran when I came!! Ugh! I'm sorry you had to go thru that frustration!!

Talk to you soon!!

XO

Unknown said...

Hey Sandy,
Sorry to hear you have to deal with so much crap from your insurance company. I'm glad to hear you and Kelly had a good time. I was telling Kelly I thought New York would be cooler this time of year. I've never been but hope one day to go! I had my treatment on Friday too. I don't know but I'm sure extra nauseous this time. UUGGHH!!! I've been reading the autobiography that Sharon Osbourne wrote. It's okay, not the best book I've read. Well I thought I would stop by and say hello. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Take care,
Jane

sigglesworth said...

I think you need to study to be a doctor and/or nurse. Look at all the terms you arleady know ... Maybe an Opera nurse, YES!! Did you know that Naomi Judd was a nurse before she became who she is now.

Kelly Kane said...

Heya lamb! Hope you're doing okay this week!! I haven't heard much from you, hopefully because you're not letting the hodge get ya down :)

XO