Friday, September 14, 2007

Two more to go!

Hellooooo everyone! Got my chemo today....without the Bleo. Havin a few episodes of getting winded quickly so thought we'd lay off that and get the lungs checked next thursday. Chemo went a little faster today. Was done about 2:40, normally i'm done about 3:30. I looked up at the bag that only like an hour ago was completely full and it was almost finished and then i looked at the drip and it was pretty open and drippin fast. I normally don't like it fast as i tend to feel a little more icky later. This time on Monday instead of the neupogen i'll get a shot of neulasta. It saves me from repeatedly going in for a few days in a row but Friday (at least thats how it happened the last time )the bone pain will hit. Odd though as recently I was feelin bone pain with the neupogen, not as instense and managable, just annoying and all the time. This should just be the one day yay! But the really good news is, only 2 more treatments to go yay!!!!!

Oh the antinausea front, thanks friends and peeps that have read my blog and have offered to send me the meds. Not needed but greatly appreciated. I actually talked to my insurance and my nurse talked to them and we got it all worked out so I can get the Zofran tablets (the ones you swallow not the icky berry disolvable under the tongue ones). So yay i should be all set with the drugs now....hopefully they will work!

Went to lunch with Jackie and Josh, Asi, and another of their friends/magicians, who's name i can say but have no clue how to spell...maybe Ehud but said ayud i guess. Went to Caliente on 33/3ave. Such sucky sucky sucky sucky service. Was horrible service. Then they gave my dish to Asi (i had the cheese enchiladas and he had chicken) but before I cut into mine, and half of his was already devoured, then i realized it. Surprised he didn't realize he had cheese and not chicken, but whatever. I was dissapointed, i wanted my cheese and not the chicken. totally different flavor combos. I did have a virgin pina colada. It was fine. Yummy cherries. Then went to Josh's and saw his awesome work on Asi's dvd and petted the puppy. then walked with them down to Union Square and then i came home.

I came home to find that my interent is not working. The modem may be bad. But since i have a wireless card on my laptop I've found some service.

Random/////// I really want to go to Alaska and spend a long time there. Once in the summer and once in the winter. Hopefully a cruise there is in the not too distant future!! one can hope!

have a great weekend everybody

2 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

I love how the "thanks friends that have offered to mail me drugs" was totally directed at me!! HA HA! I love virgin pina colada's...actually more than the booze ones! I can't belive you have 2 chemo's left already!! That is AMAZING!! If you didn't write that, I would have no clue, even though I know you finish in Oct, I just am not smart enough to do the math...I really think I have delayed onset chemo brain...! Ha!

Hope you're feeling okay and enjoying the Zofran!!

XO!! I'll try and call you either tomorrow or early in the week.

Jon said...

I need more posts from you girl :)

My Dr. is having me get a pet scan now (between treatment 4 and 5), so I should have some news in the next week or so. I am glad you are almost done. Hopefully you will be 100% healthy going into that NYC winter.

Peace