Tuesday, September 4, 2007

chemo on!



Went to the onc's office today. And today white blood cell count was nice and high! But also now that I had to give myself a shot in the belly of the Neupogen, they rather I do it to myself. I rather keep going to the office and little professionals do it! Although a buddy offered to do it, he has experience with given shots, so I might just take him up on it! too scary when i did it myself, I was all shaky and turned the needle since i couldn't really grab it to push the plunger down the way i had it in lol. Shakin like a leaf!
But the two shots worked plus i think the extra days gave my bod the time to get back on track and kickup the white bloodcells on it's own too. So my counts as they look tome on paper and as i have no real idea of the measurement is 13.1 i believe, high end of normal is 10.somethin.So i got alot floatin around and thats fine.
I got the chemo, no big events thank ya! But i do feel queasyish. don't like that at all. I just took Kytril hopefully that will kick in, and I'll take an ativan before bed (apparenlty it also helps with nausea) and in the a.m. will take my other Kytril and hopefully it will all have passed.
Drinkin some Coke the real stuff hopin maybe that will settle things too. if not i might try some GingerAle or GatorAde. it's not horrible, I just hate the feeling. I'm completley able to go out and do things, probably go to work tomorrow.
Guess thats all for today.
Oh did you know that one of the Williams sisters (tennis) dated Bret Rattner? I learned that today while getting chemo lol! Ah the trivia I pickup in the fun places I go!
so thats what I know for today
Ohhh also, if anyone knows the symbology of the japanese maple leaf in terms of a tattoo, please let me know thanks!

4 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Yay you got chemo!!!! I hope you have minor side effects!! And yes, the Ativan does help with nausea as well, so pop one tonight, it's a magic pill!! Fingers crossed for an easy breezey post chemo week.

XO

Unknown said...

I think I need to get some of this Ativan you guys keep talking about. I'm glad to hear you got your chemo. I have to admit I don't think I could have given myself the shot. Way to go girl!!! I waited 2 hours to get mine on Monday because the nurses who normally do it for me were not working. It sucked but I wasn't giving it to myself. I got my chemo on Friday and I think this is the worst I've felt since I started chemo. I spent most of the weekend in bed. UGG!! I hope you don't have any crazy side effects like I did. Thanks for the birthday wish too!!! Have a great week. Talk to you soon.
Jane

sigglesworth said...

This tattoo design is not that easy to find, sheesh. At least here are some images of the Japanese Maple Leaf: http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS227US228&q=japanese+maple+leaf+
You should also check out Michelle at Daredevil / Fun City Tattoos. She's a good friend of my buddy Dale and a great artist: www.daredeviltattoos.com Maybe she has some ideas. cheerio! Fixed the link I have to your site on my blogspot.
Later!

Anonymous said...

So glad you got the chemo!!! I know you hated putting it off. Hope the nausea goes away.

Lots of love,
Amy