Thursday, September 20, 2007

the cumulative effect

these past few treatments have been gettin harder and side effects lasting longer. My back hurts (so far chemo was last fri and its thursday now) still hurts, muscles ache in the back, arms, neck, chest. ugh I wish it would stop. Ocassionally even my lower teeth start feelin tense and achy too. Muscles start feelin like they want to tense up. Not fun. Then I got the neulasta shot this time and tonight i now feel the bone pain kicking in in the pelvic/hip bones. Not fun at all. I took a couple prednisone, hopefully it will start workin soon. Monday was the only full day I actually was at work. Tuesday was off, wednesday I left early, today was off.I dunno about tomorrow, but if the bone pain is still here, I won't be going in.

I had a PFT (pulmonary function test) today. A bunch of breating into a spirometer. Breath into a tube like normal, deep breath in, let it all the way out, do that a few times. The deep breath in hold it and push it out fast. Then step into a glass box and all sealed up, mouth on tube, pant like a dong. Then the airflow is cut off in the tube for a second and you keep panting and then it open back up. That happens a like 4 or 5 times. That was about all. Took about 15-20 minutes. The lady technician remembered me from way back end of march or beg of april when i did the test before. Since I got a bit more winded then normal the doc decided to send me in for the test. I dunno the results probably just get them later at the docs office.
So that all i got to report right now.

No comments: