Friday, November 30, 2007

Winters here and I want some hot chocolate...with whipped cream!


Hello lovely ladies and gorgeous gents! I hope all had a lovely Thanksgiving! Mine was really very good, no complaints! Made out like it was xmas! Got lots of black friday clothes sales and basically xmas for me is over except for the food lol.

I met up with my oncologist today. Bummer news is that he has added another week to the plan. So, instead of having 2 weeks of radiation I now get 3. Lucky me! I understand his thinking though. And I actually understand now, kind of how their measuring it. At 3 weeks, it's 30 gray ("an extra 10 gray because i guess it's 2 gray each treatment so an extra week tacks on the extra 10). some more studies and research had come out since the last time i talked to him, more debating over whats better 20 or 30 gray. I guess the debate keeps going back and forth. But for 20 gray treatment, there's only 4 years of data on post treatments patients and in the overall scheme of things 4 years is a short amount of time to base a lifetime on. So better to err on the side of caution and add the extra week on. It's refreshing to know (or well actually hear) that he is constantly researching and studying reports and studies that are published and keeping on top of things. Apparently, as he told me, whether to give me 2 or 3 weeks kept him awake at nights trying to make the decision. I feel loved :) I'm pretty impressed with him! Kind of a bummer though, my company holiday party is on teh 14th (end of week 2) and I probably shouldn't be drinking, but he said he's not going to tell me not to but limit it to one or two. Just listen to my body and how it's feeling. I'll finish up on Dec 21st and fly out back down to MS early morning on the 22nd. good xmas present yah?!

I am happy and thankful to report, my hair is filling in yay!!! I got it trimmed up on Tuesday. Didn't have any product with me till today so it was a bit poofy the last few days lol. But I noticed today that it's fillin in more and more, i'm very happy! Sad that my hair can make me that happy. But it does! ;)

My quick training trip to Philly was fun. I'll probably have to go through another week in January here in teh ny office, but still was a good time. And I stayed at The Sofitel. Oh My Gosh this is one of the best hotels if not the best hotel i have ever stayed at ! Huge bed with feather bed and comforter, it was like sleeping on a / in a cloud! A seperate shower right next to the tub, huge bathroom, bathrobes. Great place! Glad I didn't pay for it! And had dinner with the group at Fogo de Chao a Brazilian steakhouse. So much meat flyin around that place! If you're a vegetarian DO NOT go there!! They had a $635 Remy Martin cognac (i think it was remy) but it was for an ounce of it. That's some expensive stuff!! We joked about how much just a taste would cost! lol

so Monday i start with the rads and before ya know it, it'll be xmas and I'll be done!!

Hope everyone has a great December!

san

2 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Sanders! I'm sorry I haven't called you this week, I totally meant to - I still love you! :)

I hope you're not going to Philly when we have those tickets... sometime in January, I think? I just thought about it the other day, random, I know!

Yay for shopping for new clothes and lots of bargains, and of course, your hair filling in!!!!!!!! YAAY!

Hope you're doing well. I've got to go make some cookies right now, and then hit the hay!

XO

Unknown said...

Hey Sandy,
That's great that your hair is filling in. I understand, it would make me happy too! Let me know how the first radiation went.
Have a great day!
Jane