Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Anyone need a glowstick?

Today I officially started radiation. Other then waiting in the womens waiting area (first you wait to be called inside, then you go to seperate men/women rooms once they call you and then change into a robe and then wait some more in the seperate waiting rooms till someone comes and gets you). I waiting for what felt like forever! Finally I was called in. They had to take another film or two and then the radiation started. Really, it was like one long xray and then one short one. Then the machine moved around to under the table I was laying on and then another zap like a long xray and then a short one. Then i was all done.
The longest part of it all is making sure my little dot tattoos are lining up how they should and making sure my chin is lifted (or well my head is tilting back as far as it can so my chin gets out of the way) then they taped it all up so it wouldn't move. Not the most comfortable position but easily maintainable for waht 5 minutes at the most.
Once a week I'll go and visit the nurses there and fill them in if I have any side effects. They will also do blood work every Thursday and I'll chat with the doc every Thursday.
After "rads" today I went over to my buddy Josh's apt. Then we went and saw his partner Asi do his magic at Monday Night Magic . I have to say it was definetly a fun time. Asi is a great magician. Keep the name in mind in the magic world Asi Wind! The headliner, John Graham, great job as well. Both were so funny and entertaining. The whole evening was fun and fun magicians. If you like magic and just want a fun evening I highly recommend it. Every Monday is different, has different performers. Just something to be aware of.

So now that it's like 12:30AM I am off to bed! Took forever for a subway to come tonight. Geez sometimes they are such a pain! lol.
Happy first week of December!
xo

1 comment:

Kelly Kane said...

Congrats on kicking off the month with a glow! :)