Monday, December 17, 2007

throats-a-fire

Well all the radiation is takin a toll on my throat, thats for sure! Now it feels like a code red triple alarm sever strep throat. The doc gave me some magic mouthwash ( a lovely mixture of maalox and lidocaine) taste gross. Numbed my mouth but did nothin for my throat (and yes i swallowed it too). So I rang up the doc today and said the magic just wasn't working. When I got to my radiation appointment he had a prescription for Percoset waiting for me. he said they would be little pills, which is good cause I have trouble swallowing my tiny little pill for my bloodpressure right now. I drop of the script to the pharmacy, go back an hour to get it only to find out that they actually didn't check to see if they had it when they told me it would be ready in half an hour. But they had sent the manager to a nearby location that had it. Of course nearby I think was like half an hour away. I waited probably an hour and he finaly got back. Nice he sent the mgr over to get it and not me. I get the pills home and they are oxycodone and acetametophin mix and the tablets are big!! Very sad....very very sad. But luckily nowhere did it say do not chew or crush or break, so I chopped them in quarters and swallowed them done, but they still hurt. I tried taking one in a spoonful of icecream. That really didn't work to well. It's been about an hour and a half since I took them. It's not as severe but it's still really sore to swallow. I dunno whats gonna happen tomorrow. If it's only supposed to get worse this week. But luckily this week is the last week! Hopefully xmas day I'll be good enough at least to eat mashed potatoes without a bunch of pain! ya know when you can't eat something all of a sudden is when you really want it lol
Anyone watch Clash of the Choirs??? I'd have to say Patti LaBelles choir was the best, or well my favorite, Michael Boltons choir was my least favorite. Seriously why turn Livin On A Prayer into a big ole choir piece...just wierd.
Anywhooooooo, hope all are having a good start to their week!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey Girl...
Jon's wife here, SO SO sorry to hear that your throat is so sore. I know when Jon was having that mouth pain, it was really really rough. There are so few foods too that are good to eat repeatedly before they get tiresome.
But if I might suggest a few:
Milkshakes
Jello
pudding
Ice Cream
Pasta (with no sauce) we used it with just butter and parmesan cheese
mac & cheese
Custard
Most baby foods
Banana
Baked Potato (sour cream can be soothing if you like it)
Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat (all flavors)
Italian Ice (I'd avoid lemon or other citrus flavors)
Applesauce
Rice Dishes
Plain Eggs (With cheese!!)
Low Sodium Soups
Yogurt
Thats about all that I can think of... I'll be keeping you in my prayers. I'm so sorry that you're going through this during this holiday season! If there's anything that we can do, give us a holler!!