Thursday, July 12, 2007

No AC (sorry Atlantic City not air conditioning)

Well starting lastnight today was a bummer. WE didn't get to go to Atlantic City :( Why?? you may ask... well lastnight when i went to get up from sittin on the floor enjoying some chinese food, I had a horrible pain in my abdomen. It was a couple inches to the left of my bellybutton and about an inch and a half up. Felt like a knife trying to cut through the muscle. Not a happy felling. Everytime I would stand up or sit straight up it would happen. So I spent most of the night just layin on my back in bed. Was the only position I didn't feel in pain. My mom decided to email the surgeon of the gallbladder removal as since the surgery the muscle on that side was always the worst feeling. Of course he said it had nothing to do with the surgery as they were on the right side. Then sent me off saying he'd call my oncologist (oh who is on vacation this week lol). So after seeing the surgeon and since this morning I wasn't in as horrible of pain more just a crampy feeling, we went and saw Harry Potter. Thast the bad thing about the dr's offices all being around a movie theater lol. After I went over to the oncologists office and talked to the nurse. She said oh your spleen is over there, but go see Dr Hagloff. Its the other doc in the office. So she called upstairs and I took the elevator up. Long story short, she did some poking and questioning and really didn't come to any conclusion of what it could be. Could be muscle related, could be viral gastrointeritis, but I'll go back tomorrow and tell her how i have been for the rest of the day. It's been feeling like it wants to act up again so i'll go take some more tylenol extra strength. So thats the news for now. Now it's off to bed :)

5 comments:

naw said...

hey sandy sorry about the lack of AC its been unbearable here recently so I would die on the top floor minus AC...
the water bottle is made b SIGG do a google search they make great bottles and much better then plastic... my leg is no lnger realyl swollen but I had to go back into the er again as they found some bacteria in ym blood work from last friday so I was there for 6 more hours... which sucked... and Im sure you read about my BS with my 9 pokes yesterday in chemo so yes I agree with you Im strong but some things have been making me weak ... but Im tring hard to keep shit together...
hope your well also ,,, im sure they will get you going on your scans sooner then later... just bug the doctor about it...

Kelly Kane said...

I heart AC, I would literally melt and drip away!!! I hope it's up and working soon!!

Kelly Kane said...

Hmmm I'm smart AC = Atlantic City, not air conditioning! Duh!

naw said...

hey sandy in toronto they automatically use Lidocaine, so it should be all ok but thanks for the advice regardless... sorry bout altantic city I havent been there since I was a child so I have no idea what its like any more ... but Im sure its fun... yeah Ive had a rough week since last friday 2 er visits, 9 pokes for chemo for a while I was like ok this HL is not so hard sure it sucks and shit happens but all this physical stuff is wearing me down now...but nothing a good reiki session cant fix up... :) which Im off to in an hour..

Anonymous said...

So was anybody able to figure out your mysterious pain?

Sorry about your AC. I would cry night and day if I didn't have mine. Especially this summer.....it's so HUMID!!!!!! HATE THAT!!!!!

How was Harry Potter?