Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ugh sick

I guess it was due, I finally got sick. Spent yesterday morning with my head in (ah not the toilet) the sink actually, only cuase I didn't have to bend over as much and could just leave a constant run of water. Spiked a fever. got up to 100.9. Was going to go in to the doc early (was already planning on going in the afternoon for a shot) made it to the couch and crashed there for a few more hours. Man it sucked. I finally made it over to the docs around 2:30ish. Saw the nurse for my shot and told her what happened. She didn't like the idea of having a fever with the chemo. I said i didn't like the vomiting! Especially when you don't really have anything in you to get out! So she gave me my shot, almost painless,the best shot i ever got! Then sent me up for bloodwork. I didn't get any calls and showed up this morning. Fever is gone, went away on its own. Now I'm just very sore through the ribs from all the upchucking. Still feel off but better then yesterday!

3 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Awww I'm so sorry you were sick!! Puking makes me cry and I hate it with a passion. I wonder if you were just sick or if you were pukey chemo sick. I say tell them you want more/better drugs for the next round. Get some sleep, drink some water, or some soup, or some gatorate, and try and feel better! Oh and I finally found the cinnamon tic tacs to send to the Wullster :)

naw said...

funny Im on number 7 also (start of cycle 4) ... Ive been feeling worse for wear as you saw from my blog post... not nearly as bad as you, I would have gone right into the ER with a temp like that and not waited they told me any thing voer 38 get my ass in to the er asap... ... is it possible you got some sort of virus from some thing you eat.. like raw veggies or some dairy? the sorness in your chest is your sternum where your bone marrow is produced its tring to make new marrow...ie fresh stemcells to replace the dieing off ones from the chemo...so yes its chemo doing its job... :) I usually get sore hip bones and chest 5 days after chemo... its a wounderfull feeling... ;)
anny how hope you feel better soon...take it easy chill out for a while no need to run a round..
take care neil..

naw said...

oh yeah and as kelly said gatoraid is the secret weapon of choice to make you fell better trust me...
the other thing I find strange about your puking is that it took 3 days for you to get sick from chemo strange... do they give you kytrl and dexamethozone or some other anti nausea drugs? if not talk to them about them kytrl is a great anti-nausea its a hpt-5 inhibitor that causes you to wannt to puke and dexamethozone is a streiod so maybe you wont get red ... that would scare me if I trned red like that...