Friday, June 29, 2007

ahhhhhhhh refreshing

Today, totally a refreshing day outdoors. Soooo much cooler then it's been, thank God! And it's breezy outside! So nice!
Been a busy week, with a friend coming into town on Wednesday. We went and saw two shows already, got another one tonight, saturday night and sunday evening have a friend cabaret. I must say, Drowsy Chaperone, cute and entertainment. Didn't care about the two lead characters one bit, but loved the "charperone" and Alfonso and "guy in chair" he was entertaining. He also plays Lex Luthers dad Lionel on Smallville. "Curtains" loved it. David Hyde Pierce was fantastic as was Debra Monk (love her! Want to be her when I grow up!) Fun, cute, entertaining, lots of laughs. Just a good show! Tonight is Company. Not going to be as fun and uplifting as the other shows but should be an interesting concept.
On the health front news, everything seems to be going fine. I got the regular aches from chemo in my chest and shoulders. I also got weird stomach aches, but I believe it's from the gallbladder surgery and them inflating my abdomen with carbon dioxide. I really should ask how big they inflate it. But i'm sure enough that it stretched the ab muscles so now they are trying to get back to normal and aren't very happy to do it. But today the chest aches have left so that's nice!
Also had a little queasy feelin monday-wednesday. Took some Zofran but mine is a nasty fake berry flavor. It's gross and makes me want to barf from the fake flavor. It also leaves a gross sweet taste in my mouth. Yeah it helps in the long run, but that sickly sweet taste is so gross. I'm constantly popping gum or candy or Ice Breaker Sours.
Thats my update for now.
Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!

1 comment:

Kelly Kane said...

Interesting...is your Zofran a liquid? I had Zofran pills, actually generic Zofran pills, and they don't taste yucky, so ask for some :) Who wants weird flavors in their anti nausea meds, duh! Good to hear you're out and about, enjoy the shows and the 4th!! XO