Friday, June 22, 2007

chemo again and Snap-On altercations



I got my chemo today!! And a special shout out to Kelly who's been deported today yay! hope it went well!
I have to say I'm unlucky to go to chemo with two great nurses Geri and Priscella (sorry if spelled that wrong!). They are very fun and sassy. Much better then sittin some place with nurses who don't want to talk to patients and as someone told, "act like they have sticks up there butts!" lol
Chemo went well. Accessing the port kind of hurt today. Guess I either didn't put enough lidocain on it or it wore off by the time i got there. Or they lied and it really doesn't numb it lol. But i survived. Not horrible, just not pleasant.
After chemo mom and I went and to a Japanese restaurant suggested by Priscella. It was very tasty. We just made it 30 minutes before they closed from lunch to get ready for dinner. Still not used to restaurants just closing at 3 to reopen later for dinner. I'm sure if I lived in Italy or Spain or I guess Japan I'd think nothing of it, but in NY it's a little odd. We both got chicken terriyaki bento boxes, very yummy and a lunch special and cheap! yay! then off we went and saw Evan Almighty. i thought it was very cute and enjoyable. I really liked it, though i hear it got bad reviews. Sure there was a meaning behind it, save our national parklands, work together love each other yadda yadda, but i liked it. and i just really enjoy Morgan Freeman in general but especially as God. Also, I'm really enjoying Steve Carell. I'm not a big fan of The Office but his movies I like!
After the movie we came back to Astoria. Ooooh and I came close to gettin in a fight (slight exaggeration) with some latina on the train lol! There was a guy sittin there and I noticed he had Snap-On racing hat and a Snap-On tshirt. I leaned in to my mom and said he's king of like a logo for Snap-On (or for those who don't know Snap-On is a company that produces tools and I like parts for the automotive industry that "snap"together at least that's what I believe after seeing them be talked about and used on American Chopper once.) Anyways this guy turned to his girl friend and said I hate it when people talk about you, so i said under my breath that its' a lot of logo for Snap-On, then the girl, got all attitude in her and said "WHAT?" So i just looked at her and said I was just talking about Snap-On. Then she got all deflated and sais "oh" then went about takin to her other friend.
we got back in Astoria and went to a small pizzeria, shared some slices. Not really on my lowfat diet though. and now we are home just flickin through the tv. so thats about all. No plans for the weekend. Just gonna chill!

2 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Thanks for the shout out!! Deportation went well, sorry I took so long to update you! Try not to get into anymore fights this weekend, missy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy

so glad to hear you went out to eat and to the movies.

I am thinking about you.

Speak to you soon

Lisa