Tuesday, June 26, 2007

hot hot hot

Man it's hot and humid outside. yuck!! These are the days I much prefer to stay home with the a/c goin an nappin! But alas, I'm at work. Which actually though is a good thing. Keeps the money comin in. So far no horrible effects from the chemo. Was feelin a little queasy yesterday. Had some soup for dinner and a lowfat chocolate shake that ma made. yummy! and thanks ma! She's the best!
Took a Zofran this morning as i was still feelin a little off. So far so good though. Major issue is that i'm just really sleepy. I'd go home early today but I'm the only one in my dept thats here, so guess I'll stay. It's a quiet day here anyways.
Oh Kelly, no more fights to report at least so far haha. Although I did think a couple was talking about me on the train this morning, but i let it go and just looked at them then looked down and shut my eyes lol.
BTW on hot summer sunny days, it's kind of hard to stay out of the sun in a city that you have to walk everywhere. So I put on my 50SPF sunblock (however i hear rumors that anything over 30 is really redundant). Guess I'll have to go get a big floppy hat and start wearing it.
Hair is still falling out. Seems like a lot more now. Any bets on when I'll just shear it off?? Too bad, I like my hair. I did switch to a 2 in1 shampoo conditioner. Suave I think, and it's a thickening one too lol. My hair did feel nice and soft and looked a tiny bit thicker or just wishful thinking ha! But it does smell good!
The rest of this week will be pretty full. My friend Mike is coming into town and we have a bunch of shows lined up. So far 4 shows, wed, thur, fri and Sat and my friend Andrews cabaret on Sunday. Should all be good and fun, and Andrew, probably raunchy haha! Hopefully won't tucker myself out!!
Well, off to enjoy my salad and then get back to work.
ciao

1 comment:

Kelly Kane said...

You're so healthy with your salad and shake!! Good for you, I'm not gonna lie, but I ate bad this week, but next week I'll be good - I swear!! Glad to hear you're not getting into any fights this week! Oh and I HATE the heat, my face and head have been sweating like crazy!!! I'm like this crazy sweating freak! I went to the mall this week and I was even sweating in stores -- and sweating while trying to try on bathing suits just doesn't work! Damn climate control! Oh and don't forget to put sunblock on your scalp if your hair is falling out, personally, I like neutrogena cooling spray -- it smells good and you can spray it on your scalp like hairspray and it doesn't feel gross. That's my cancer tip of the day, hope all is well!