Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Back to the Lab



Met with the surgeon today who plucked out my gallbladder last week. He said everything looks good. The odd pain i have to the left of everything, it related to one of the incisions and should go away with no worries. So if it were up to him I can go back to chemo. He did say it was good to get the thing out when i did, it was inflamed and fell well between chemo dates so I should only miss one treatment. So since we were near my oncologist office, we walked over there and his receptionist just stuck me on the list in front of other people. I said i could just leave him a message but she put me on the schedule and I got to see him. The verdict is, as long as my liver enzyme function tests come back fine I can get my chemotherapy treatment on Friday. So I went down to the chemo lab and scheduled with them for 11am. Normally it's at 1 but apparenlty only one nurse will be there (normally there's two, it's a small lab in the bldg of the dr's practice) so get me in early before people and out earlier so she can go home lol. Normally takes about 2 1/2-3 hours of being actually hooked up and drippin.
So wished and hopes for good liver enzyme numbers and can finally get back on track.
The rest of the day was eatin some overlly spicey mexican food (my mom even said stuff was spicey and she likes spicey!) then went to a bookstore and got some goodies. Oh i have to be on a lowfat diet for 6 weeks (drs orders ugh) so I got a cookbook a light crockpot cooking book. looks good and easy! We like that! then went home. Long day especially since its hot outside. Not really sure how hot but it was supposed to be around 92 and high humidity. It's definetly humid out there and hot but in the city at least on the east side near the river was nice and breezy. But Queens is hot and nasty lol. So happy to be home as my side was hurting, and now we are back in the nice air conditioning yay!!!
so there ya go!

p.s. here's an interesting article about a chip thats been created that can help cancer treatment
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070619/cancer_chipbreakthrough_070619/20070619?hub=TopStories

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy!

I'm not familiar in using this, but keep up the positive outlook you've been expressing in your blog. I really admire you and the strength you have shown during this ordeal. You will overcome this with flying colors, sooner than you think.

I still can't get over how well you are doing after your gall bladder surgery. Compared to what I went through in having this surgery I guess with you being young has a lot to do with your speedy recovery. Keep it up!

It's hot here in Eastpointe Michigan but at least today the humidity is not high like it has been.

Take care and say hi to your Mom.

Love ya!

Darlene

Kelly Kane said...

Howdy!! Thanks for the comment, yeah I guess he just drained it because I didn't get stitches... he told me there will be a hole in it that will close in the next few days. Fun times! And damn I'm so sweaty, I have so little hair on my head that when I sweat it beads down, I know you needed to know that! ha ha Hope all is well!!
Kelly

Unknown said...

Hurrah for long gone gall bladders and low liver enzymes! Crossing my finger and toes

Amanda

Kelly Kane said...

Happy Friday!! Hopefully you got chemo today, I know you must be "thrilled" to get it, but it just means one more off the list!! I'm officially deported, so far so good too!! Have a fab weekend!!