Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Gallbladder no more

Well yesterday, June 11, 2007, I had my gallbladder removed. Had to get it removed because i kept trying to pass gallstones. Every time i would try to pass one, which was very painful, my liver enzymes would go up. Once they went up I'm not really able to get my chemo because it's processed through the liver and if the liver isn't functioning properly then the chemo toxins don't get excreted properly. Thus it was decided (and since i had two attacks within 3 days) that the gallbladder would come out. I was able to be seen by one of the top surgeons (according to my onc) between his surgeries. Then his coordinator fit me into his surgical schedule the next day. I had to be there at 5:30 am, ugh that's early. i think the surgery actually took place around 7:30. the anesthesiologist was very nice and explained everything that she would do, including telling me that i would have a breathing tube inserted (which during my biopsy they never told me but must have happened as i felt the same sore throat and weird sore right corner of my lip). Walked into the operating room, hopped up on the table, they tied me down, i think i made some joke. They liked my personality, then i don't remember anything after that other then trying to wake up post surgery. I was sooooo tired from getting up early i had a hard time staying awake.
Now i'm just in pain. Four little holes across my abdomen plus a missing organ. Not so fun. Got some pain killers. they don't kill it just kind of make it not so bad. Oxycodone (generic of Percoset) And now I'm off to sleep, tired of watching some 80's murder mystery tv movie with Pierce Brosnan lol.

3 comments:

amydrums said...

Thanks for the updates. I'm glad everything went so well for you yesterday. I hope mom is takin' really good care of you:)

xoxox,
Amy

bob said...

Good looking site. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Oh my stars and gallbladders, Sandy! What in the world?!

Sending large (but gentle) hugs and lots-o-love your way!

BPT