Thursday, August 16, 2007

anxiety


Had a hard till getting to sleep yesterday. I had this intense itchy thing happening. Which turned out to be a yeast infection from a big course of antibiotics for the strep. But once a little seed of doubt gets in ones head thats all it takes. I couldn't help but think, what if this is the hodge itch! What happens then if you get the sympton of hodgkins disease in the middle of treatment just becuase you missed a treatment. ugh, that so sucked! But with the help of lovely ativan i finally fell sleep. Still was wiggin this morning. Finally called a doc for an appt and luckily got in today and he gave me some drugs said it's just a yeast infection. yay!! Calmness settled in. so hopefully tonight will be a little bit more restful.
I'll find out the results of the Pet Scan tomorrow.....fingers crossed everybody!

3 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

You know what's funny..I too had the SAME THOUGHT last night!!! Did they give you that pill? I hope so, that way it'll be gone faster!

Good luck tomorrow with your scan results and then of course the fun fun chemo! If I get bored I'll give ya a jingle!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Sanban - I've been watching your page for a while how (Hodgkin's Stage III here, just had chemo #9 of 12 yesterday). I used to have an awful time with insomnia after the treatments, but finally began taking Ativan to help me go to sleep. Works much better than counting sheep, as I'm sure you know. Good luck!