Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Scan results to come Friday


Went to get my PET and CT scans lastnight. I rushed on over there since my appt was at 6:30 i didn't want to keep them waiting. They said they could't use the port because of the CT scan so they first went after a tiny vein at the outer side of the crook in my right arm. Weird. And of course he had to dig to find it. He got it in there but when he went to flush it it stung! So he took it out and went for a bigger vein in the underside of the forearm. Got it on the first shot. Hello..... why not start at that spot in the first place? Now I got a bruise, ok it's little but it's gross looking. Looks more like a hickey lol. Where he ended up is just a slight bruise, very light. The PET took 5 minutes, the CT took 25min. I ended up dozing off a little bit, thought i might have moved too much, ya know when you jolt awake lol. Guess not.
Anyways, I'll get the results of the scans on Friday before I get my chemo treatment. Here's hopin for great results!
Oh and catch Crazy Sexy Cancer on TLC on August 29th at 9pm or Aug 30 at midnight!
You can also visit www.crazysexycancer.com

3 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Here's hoping for great results! Oh and funny that you said you fell asleep for the CT, mine are typically stressful and after I'm done drinking it only takes a few minutes, but with the PET scan I usually pass out with the same same weird oh shit I fell asleep feeling! Good times, eh!

Matthew Zachary said...

Come out to the Stupid Cancer Happy Hour event next Thursday in Manhattan! Details - http://ImTooYoungForThis.org/events/pourhouse.

Shoot us an email with your full name and we'll post your blog on our website!

Rock on

i[2]y

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,

I hope the results are positive. What a bummer that you had to get strep throat on top of what you are going through.

I have the same trouble when any doctor/nurse tries to find a vein to draw blood or put an IV in. I have tiny veins where they have to use baby needles and it still hurts and I bruise easily. It takes forever to find a vein. I know I'm just a big baby but I hate needles. They are nothing but blood suckers, not knowing how to "suck blood" out properly. Maybe they should look at Dracula Movies. That would be an interesting way of drawing blood and getting some excitement out of it.

I spoke to your mom over the weekend. I guess the house in AA will be sold soon! I know she will be happy once it's sold but you can't help but miss the memories that you had in that house and the friendships you established in the area.

Take care and best wishes for a great results so you can continue and finish with the treatments!

Darlene