Sunday, August 19, 2007

Batter Up!


Went and saw a baseball game today.Saw the Yankees vs. Tigers. Ok since I'm from MI i love my Detroit Tigers but man.....the only had like one good inning. Whatever, not like I really follow the sport that much anyways lol But it was a fun afternoon. Was sooo tired though towards the end of it. We left in the 8th inning, good thing we got to sit on the subway instead of stand and being crushed like sardines!

Oh, I asked the pharmacist today about the 'limitations exceeded' on the Kytril. She said that they only give it out in limited quantities because it's expensive. But seriously to only give me two at a time. Thats just crazy. At least give me four and get me through chemo night and the whole next day and not just half of it lol.
I ended up taking a Zofran late lastnight. So gross. I tried to have amouth full of water to let it dissolve under my tongue faster and then just ended up swallowing it back quickly. Fake berry is soooooo nasty. I'll pay $100 for 8 pills of Kytril at once if I never have to let that gross berry flavor dissolve in my mouth again! But after Oct 14, i won't have to worry about that any more. yay!

Let the count down begin, 4 treatments left, oct 14 is the last yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sanban - I understand what you mean about the cost and the meaning of anti-nausea pills. I've had a few minor freak-outs trying to get Zofran myself. It is covered by my insurance, but the pharmacy has had trouble getting me enough pills because of miscommunication between them and the insurance company. At one point a pharmacy tech. printed out a sheet showing me that I couldn't get the Zofran because I was a "Third Party Reject". I don't even know what that means, but it doesn't sound kind!

I've tried to register as a Google/Blogger but it doesn't seem to work - I've posted material about my Hodgkin's under the title "Melancholy Bloud" here:

http://ggvogel.googlepages.com/home

It looks like I will finish chemo. about two weeks before you do. I'm thinking about you and wishing you nothing but the best. If there is one complete stranger like me wishing you good thoughts, you can be sure that there are many others!

Gregory