Friday, August 3, 2007

Delayed


My chemo treatment has been delayed due to this stupid strep throat :(
Went to the oncologist today, only to meet the nurse as she was breaking for lunch, who said, "Didn't they call you yesterday?" I said no no one called me. Apparently she told them to call me as my oncologist was out of the office today. Well i went in and spoke to the other nurse who called upstairs to the other doc and I was able to see her. Got my blood drawn, counts were perfectly fine, then saw the other doc in the office. She took a look at the throat and said yep its red and swollen and irritated but not puss-y. thats good it was on wednesday! In the end, I'll go back on Wednesday when i'm done with the antibiotics and if everything looks good I'll get my chemo then. So I'll only be a a few days off instead of a whole week, and then I can go back to my fridays.
I decided to come back home and not be around other peoples germs any longer. and I had a bad start to the day at work with my friggin computer. Stupid excel program kept locking up, makin me crazy. I was swearing at it and everything lol. so i didn't want to go back to that machine today!

Now i'm just chillin at home watchin the travel channel wishin i was in Italy or Armania or Jordan or Scottland :) Can't wait for this stupid cancer stuff to be out of me cause I got places to go coming up over the holidays and places I just want to go to!!!

2 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Sheesh!! I'm so annoyed for you!! You would almost think the chemo would help kill your infection. I was sick once and I still got chemo. And this is random, but if I ever had pimples on my face pre-chemo, after a few days after chemo, I was totally cleared up! Ugh for you. I just got back from waxing and the brows look fabulous, but super red otherwise I would take a picture for ya :) Oh and check out the Wullster's blog, he finally got my package, HOORAY! Talk to you soon!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Wow, and here I thought I had crappy week with the shoulder "procedure" and all. Take as many days as you need. I wish I can say I was surprised by the Doctors office but I'm not. Take care

Carrie