Friday, August 17, 2007

Woooohooooo results!!!!


Got my midway point Pet and CT Scan results today. News is great!!!
here's the stats (keep in mind the size of a normal lymphnode is 1cmx1cm)
I had 4 lymphnodes that lit up on the PEt scan and were enlarged. Lit up means they show hypermetabolic activity (cancer) this was back in march.
Current Scans
The previously noted hypermetablock activity in the lymphadenopathy of in the neck and chest has resolved. The size of the lymph nodes on thh CT images has decreased.
measurement of the left internal jugular lymph node is the base left of the neck currently measures 1x1.1cm...previously was 2.5x2.2cm
measurement of the left supraclavicular lymph node currently measures 2.1x1cm ...previously was 2.7x1.6cm
measurement of teh right paratracheal lymph node currently measures 1.4x1.1cm...previoulsy was 3.7x3.4cm
and measurement of the anterior mediastinal lymph node currently measures 1.6x1.5cm...previously measured 5.8x2.9cm

Other than some mypermetabolci foci in the pelvis (this is most likely physiologic in a patient of my age so no worries) there is no evidence of abnormal hypermetabolic activity! No evidence of new enlarged lymphadenopathy in either side of the neck.
There is no evidence of new enlarged mediastinal, nilar or axillary lymphadenopathy. No pleural or pericardial effusions are noted.
Exam of the lung parenchyma shows no evidence of suspicious pulmonary noduel or infiltrats. So all good
Spleen, pancreas, kidney, and adrenals are all unremarkable (thats good!).


So yay all looks good, looks like no more cancer activity, it's outta here and all the nodes are shrinking!!!

I'l continue treatment. Got #8 today. Even started feeling a little off during treatment. Got new anti nauseau meds, but because my zofran had a big refill number on it, my insurance denied it so i paid $25 for two pills! ah!!! have to figure out how to cancel that other drug! it's icky!
I've got 4 more treatments left to go and then another scan to make sure things are still good and gone!!!!

Also wanted to give a shout out and a big thanks to everyone who's been sending good/great thoughts, vibes and prayers!!! Thank you!!!!

So that my good news!
have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Kelly Kane said...

Yay for clean scans!!! I gotta get some food, but I'll try callin' ya later if it's not too late!

Unknown said...

That is great!!! Congrats! I'm glad to hear you got such good news. I had issues with my chemo yesterday too. Just felt out of it. Weird huh.
Have a great weekend!!
Jane

Jon said...

Awesome news on the clean PET. RRRR on the cap on the zofran. They probably capped the total # you could get with one script, it sucks, but it's how those shady joints do it.

Kelly Kane said...

I'm seriously going to mail you my left over Zofran!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!! *me doing the happy dance*.